Sunday, October 19, 2008

MadeInFlex OnSite III


Last friday (October 17th 2008) I had the chance to attend to MIF OnSite III, a Flex event that MadeInFlex (the most active Spanish community in Flex) organized in Madrid. It was a single day event.

The scheduling:

It was the 3rd edition of this event, having attended the previous ones in Barcelona. There's no possible comparison with events like 360Flex or MAX, neither for its size, nor for big announcements. Adobe speakers leave some comments on how great new things will be announced... in future events, like Max.

Anyway, it's a great way to see what's going on close to you, what Flex recipe is cooking the neighbour next door.

For work reasons I missed the "Wedtool" conference, so, a part from that, I really enjoyed Flex Optimization by Alberto Alcaraz , and the one about the close future, with CS4, Gumbo and AIR 1.5. I'll try to reproduce some of the situations Alberto talked about in an upcoming post.

The Papervision for dummies, was really "entry level". I'm not complaining about it, for some reason Joan Garnet had few time to prepare it and did a good job. The Domestika one was perhaps a little out of place, but loved the work they've done in the site redisign.

My overall impression after this 3 events is that the spanish Flex community is not very communicative. I was checking my RSS subscriptions about Flex... and there is just 2 over 40 sites I follow. Man, do we only know how to communicate while in the bar holding a "caña" in our hand??? (I guess is difficult to type in this situation :-P)

I forgot to mention the event was 100% free, so I'd like to thank the organization for its effort and encourage them to keep on working in building community.

thanks MadeInFlex.

No comments:

MAXwidget